Dr. Nancy Goodwin
Dr. Goodwin is a physician Double Certified in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. She is the founder of Goodwin Medical Center, a premier Internal Medicine office, offering primary care, concierge medicine and select urgent care services. Dr. Goodwin has been practicing in Naples, Florida since 2015 and just recently received a 2018 Florida’s Top Doctor Award ®. In addition to her private practice, she is on staff at NCH Hospital as an Emergency Room Physician.
Her double certification distinguishes her from other Internal Medicine practitioners, by enabling her to provide acuity in care and some of the same services of an Urgent Care at her private practice – in a comfortable, less congested environment. As an internist, Dr. Goodwin offers all Primary Care services including annual wellness exams, preventative healthcare, screenings for bone density and cancer, as well as well as screenings and treatment for cholesterol, diabetes, coronary artery disease, hypertension and sexually transmitted diseases. She also treats asthma and COPD, conducts prostate and gynecological exams and provides adult immunizations. As an Emergency Room doctor, she provides a variety of urgent care services including throat infections, minor burns and sunburns, insect stings, rashes and other skin disorders, nose bleeds, fracture care, sprains and strains, abscesses, lacerations and urinary tract infections and general sick visits.
Live For Wellness
Dr. Goodwin is an active member of the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians, where she serves in the Women’s Committee and Bylaws Committee. She is also a member of the American Osteopathic Association, Florida Osteopathic Medical Association, American College of Osteopathic Internists and Collier County Medical Society. She is also a member of The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce.
Beyond her professional interests, Dr. Goodwin is very active in her community and is a follower of the Blue Zones philosophy. The Blue Zones Project® is helping transform communities across the U.S. into areas where the healthy choice is easy, and people live longer with a higher quality of life. She enjoys running and stays active by participating in numerous runs for research and charitable foundations. She is a lover of the great outdoors. Dr. Goodwin lives in Naples, Florida with her husband Matt and their two children.
- Dr. Goodwin received her Fellowship at the American College of Osteopathic Physicians in 2017.
- She completed her Double Residency in Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine at the Henry Ford System in Warren, Michigan. She served as Chief Resident during her Residency training.
- Prior to earning her Double Residency, she completed an Anatomy Fellowship and earned her Medical degree at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- As a medical student, Dr. Goodwin had numerous leadership roles as a class representative and committee secretary, and became involved in Medical Missions to Jamaica.
- She received her undergraduate degree in Microbiology from the University of Florida.